• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 10, 2005

ABET

St. Brad, Archbishop of Abet, published a list of Covenant related people, who have blogs. My name was there. In fact, you may be reading this blog because you saw my name listed there.

My blog consists of my various ramblings about theology, culture, my family & life and sometimes wine. Whilst I am thoroughly evangelical in theology, evangelical culture makes me nauseous and so I like to poke fun and belittle some days. I also blog about the current Anglican crisis and the nonsensical organization called the Episcopal Church. I have offended people on occasion and have been known to delete or change entries when the offended asks. I like to blog about God at work in my life.

Why "ultrarev"? Here's the deal ... In the Anglican Church, they have various titles for varying callings within priesthood.

If you are a ordained a priest you are The Rev.
If you are a Dean of a cathedral or district, you are The Very Rev.
If you are a Bishop, you are The Right Rev.
If you are an Archbishop, you are The Very Rev. and you can also called a Primate.

I just didn't want to be outdone. When I was a pastor in OH I used to irreverently refer to myself as the Most Rev. But then one kind man in my church, whom I love and miss dearly, Ed Palmer, started sending me mail addressed to The Ultra Rev. Steven M. Evans. And so, it stuck. So now I am the Bishop of My Desk.

However, after serving as an Associate Pastor in an Episcopal Church for over 2 years now, I am considering a promotion to The Supreme Rev.

Thanks for visiting. Comments encouraged.

Comments on "ABET"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM, February 10, 2005) : 

Thanks for clearing that up..... I've always wondered how someone moves from rev to very rev to right rev etc.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (3:47 PM, February 11, 2005) : 

Karl, as long as you don't become a pastor, they will listen to you. Chances diminish greatly when you become a pastor.

 

post a comment