• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 02, 2012

The Land of the Ultra Rev



For those who are new to the Land of the Ultra Rev, here is a little about me.

I've been married to my fantastic wife for 20+ years. We have 5 brilliant, beautiful, wonderful kids that we home school who can't keep their rooms clean. I love being a husband and dad, and going to Little League and I'm learning to enjoy watching soccer.  We live in Liverpool, NY.

I am the Rector of St. Andrew's Anglican Church in Syracuse, NY, having been ordained by Bishop Doc Loomis of the Anglican Mission in America.  We are a multi-generation congregation that enjoys the traditional prayer book Anglican liturgy with both contemporary and traditional music.

St. Andrew's

I also run my own web design and marketing firm, StevenEvansOnline.com. I love working on web sites for entrepreneurs, non-profits and businesses based in upstate New York but work internationally also.  As part of my business model I run ads from a variety of companies, especially Amazon.com.

I am also ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church. I pastored First Covenant Church in Willoughby Hills, OH; served as an associate pastor Episcopal Church in Watertown, NY; and worked as a Festival Director for the Steve Wingfield Evanegelistic Association.

This blog consists of my various ramblings about theology, culture, my family & life and sometimes wine. Whilst I am mostly evangelical in theology, evangelical culture drives me crazy sometimes and so I often like to poke fun at it. I am extremely concerned about the state of the church in the United States. I like to blog about God at work in my life. I have offended people on occasion and have been known to delete or change entries when the offended asks.

I'm passionate about marriage and family ministries, evangelism, giving away the Bible, church planting, upstate New York State, the Evangelical Covenant Church, the Anglican Communion, good coffee, fantasy baseball and football, my friends and family. During good weather, you can frequently find me on my bike in Onondaga Lake Park or on the Erie Canal Towpath.

On the side bars of this blog you'll find various ministries I'm passionate about, some blogger friends, a list of the places I've visited the past few years, links to self help sites, as my life generally needs a lot of help. You'll also see some of my favorite artwork by William Bouguereau.

Why "theultrarev"?

Here's the deal ... In the Anglican Church, they have various titles for varying callings within the church.

If you are a Deacon, you are called "Deacon ..." or "The Rev. ..."
If you are an Archdeacon, you are called "The Venerable ..."
If you are a Priest you are called "The Rev."
If you are a Dean of a cathedral or district, you are "The Very Rev."
If you are a Bishop, you are "The Right Rev."
If you are the Presiding Bishop, you are "The Most Rev." and you can also be called a "Primate" or "Archbishop"

I just didn't want to be out done. When I was a pastor in Ohio I used to irreverently refer to myself as The Most Rev. Then one kind man in my church, whom I love and miss dearly, Ed Palmer, started sending me mail addressed to "The Ultra Rev. ..." and it stuck.

So now I am the Bishop of the diocese of My Desk, which is a relatively small diocese where I have a great deal of difficulty managing one cantankerous clergyman.

I am considering a promotion to The Supreme Rev.

Thanks for visiting The Land of the Ultra Rev. Comments are encouraged.



FREE ANDROID Smartphone from CafePress with ANY PURCHASE!

Comments on "The Land of the Ultra Rev"

 

post a comment