• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Watertown Church of the Nazarene

For the past several weeks I have been attending morning worship at Watertown Church of the Nazarene with esteemed pastors Greg Gates, Dan Hazelton and Rebecca Cash. Average attendance: 320.

This has been really good for my soul. Any time I go to church anywhere I'm constantly aware of and evaluating methodogies, building layouts, stuff that happens in the service, etc. It can really be annoying. I've enjoyed going here because that has been minimal and I've just worshiped. I have so appreciated Greg & Dan's encouragement and support.

Normally I would attend an Evangelical Covenant Church being an ordained Covenant pastor but the nearest one is Grace Covenant Church about 70 miles away in Clay, NY.

Thanks be to God that His Spirit is not confined to one church and one place.

Comments on "Watertown Church of the Nazarene"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (2:46 PM, September 27, 2005) : 

If you do make it to Clay, say hey to Bruce Baehr, the associate pastor. One of the nicest people I have ever met.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (11:08 PM, September 27, 2005) : 

Bruce is truely one of my heroes. I've known him for 15 years, and even worked for him part-time briefly. He's a role model and mentor for me.

Actually, I'll see him this weekend as I'll be the retreat speaker for his youth group.

Shall I just tell him, "Bob says 'Hey.'"?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM, April 15, 2008) : 

I am looking for Walter Mac.Pherson.Does he have a web site? I am the daughter of a friend of his.(John Stevenson of Nova Scotia Canada) I am trying to contact him If you know him please could you have him contact me at cheyro2@msn.com. Thank-You, Rozana Hoffman ( Stevenson)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM, June 15, 2008) : 

Rozana- Check in Alexandria Bay for Walter MacPherson. "Pop" MacPherson, or Brother Mac, has always been one of my heroes. I used to sing tenor with the Envoys Quartet out of New Jersey. We sang in more than one service where Brother Mac brought the glory down with his shouts. We sang with Walter Jr. up in Newfoundland when he pastored there, and in many places throughout the Maritime Provinces. Perhaps you were in one of our services. Walter Jr. and his wife Irene have always been very dear to me too, ever since my father pastored there in Watertown in the old church, the one that used to be a house. Wonderful days. Write if you'd like, at RKelly5327@yahoo.com
Ron Kelly Jr.

 

post a comment