• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Reminder

Today is Christmas and if you haven't done so you're late, but let this be a reminder: Give your pastor(s) a Christmas present. You've probably done that already. But even if he or she is the biggest schmuck out there, his/her sermons stink, their bedside manners are lacking, etc. ... get 'em a Christmas prestent. Live out God's grace and bless your pastor with a Christmas present.

I bought my pastors a gift certificate to iTunes. PayPal had a deal where is you bought a gift certificate for a certain amount, you got some free songs yourself. So I blessed my pastors and blessed myself, or more likely, I'll bless my wife and pass them along to her. The deal runs through the end of the year.

When I was pastor of a church in Ohio, they would take a love offering for my family and give it to me at the Christmas eve service. We would leave from the church and drive 5 hours to NY to be with family. I can remember heading east on I90 balling my eyes out when we opened a card with a gift the size of one of my paychecks. Their generosity at Christmas was incredible. I'll never forget that.

If you missed getting your pastor or someone else a gift this Christmas, just give them something on January 6th. Tell them you celebrate Christmas on the eastern rite calendar.

Comments on "Reminder"

 

post a comment