• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Metropolitan Museum's new Greek and Roman Galleries - New York Times

I had a great time at The Metropolitan Museum's new Greek and Roman Galleries. Click on this link the New York Times article and it has an fantastic interactive page.

We spent the entire day at The Met and were exhausted at the end. It was wonderful, though none of Bouguereau's stuff was on display. I did see the famous painting of George Washington crossing the Delaware. It was huge -- much bigger than I knew about! Picasso, Renoir, Monet, Manet ... were all there. The Rodin sculptures are really great. We liked the ancient Egyptian sarcophagi and the Temple of Dendur. But the new Greek and Roman Galleries were clearly there best thing. It was outstanding and so were the Bellinis they served. Many kudos to my friends at the Onasis Library.

The modern art pieces are just stuff I don't get. According to one expert, some of it apparently is meant to not evoke emotion or thoughtfulness or a response of any kind. That's the intention of the piece. That it does that well.

Comments on "The Metropolitan Museum's new Greek and Roman Galleries - New York Times"

 

post a comment