• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stress is a Choice

I was in Northwest Airline Hell again this week -- second month in a row. My 6:10 am flight was supposed to be a one stop in DTW to home by noon. Instead they canceled it and rescheduled me from DLH to MSP to ORD to DTW to SYR, all beginning at 4 pm and home by midnight. My saintly wife, thanks be to God, called Northwest and gave them some Frustrated Wife & Mother Hell of her own and she got me rescheduled without a stop in Chicago and home by 8 pm. Still each of those flights were late and it was 9 pm when I stepped out of the terminal in SYR. Northwest Airlines brings out the absolute worst attitude in me.

First flight was seated with an old man who talked incessantly. Second flight was next to a guy who wreaked of booze when he sat down and then had 2 Jack-n-Cokes, to which he had to slur his way through the rest of the flight. Third flight was next to a friendly older women who lived in Haiti for nearly 40 years and now runs an interfaith philosophy retreat center near Seneca Lake. She said something that has been haunting me all week: "Stress is a choice." It's been haunting me because my life is so stressed at the moment with packing and moving this weekend, major events at work, a new baby coming, etc. etc. etc.

Stress is a Choice. Think about it.

Comments on "Stress is a Choice"

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (7:53 AM, August 17, 2007) : 

Sometimes stress is the choice we make to validate ourselves. But stress isn't always a choice. Sometimes there is so much coming at us that we can't help but experience stress. And stress isn't necessarily unhealthy. There are a lot of positive things about stress. How we cope with stress or use it tends to be more of a choice than the stress itself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM, August 17, 2007) : 

Brother Evans, no big saintly words here about stress, but, THE CUBS ARE RESIGNING ZAMBRANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise the Lord.

with infinite hope, Jimmy Doo

and congrats on the move

 

post a comment