• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Paul Cain update

I saw an off handed comment about Jack Deere recently and went to his website where I stumbled an almost year old blog post by Jack about Paul Cain being restored to ministry.

In March 2005 I blogged about Paul "coming under care" for moral failings. Since that time, according to Jack's post, he chose to continue his restoration process with some different ministers.

Long story short: the guys who used to pimp Paul -- Rick Joyner, Mike Bickle and Jack Deere -- do not know much about the current ministry caring for Paul and therefore can't approve of his restoration process. But Paul is back ministering again at 78 years of age. Since the info with some of this information are older, this whole scenario may be ironed out by now. I saw Rick Joyner's ministry listed as a friend on Paul's MySpace page.

It sounds like he is ministering, at least in part, because he is broke but no doubt he has a passion for ministry also. And of course, with his supernatural gifts people will pay to hear him speak and see him minister in the prophetic realm.

Most everybody who knows Paul Cain has their favorite story about Paul's prophetic gifting. Here's mine. Many other's refer to The Jean Raborg Miracle, which is equally phenomenal.

PaulCain.org
Paul Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MySpace.com - Troas Paul Cain

His list of MySpace friends lists like the Who's Who of the Universe ... Oprah, David Letterman, Bill Clinton, Pope Benedict, Larry King, David Yongii Cho, TD Jakes, TL Osborn, Nelson Mandela, Leonardo, Madonna, Diane Keaton, Neil Diamond, Joel Osteen, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, Faith Hill, and a whole bunch of other names you would be familiar with ... even Julissa, who I met and drove around in a golf cart with her y her esposo y padre this summer. Paul even has some dead friends like Keith Green.

Obviously not all of those people maintain all of those pages and are Paul's friends but clearly the guy is networked. Of course he also has the usual MySpace friends like some doofy looking guy named Tyler and a very hot chick in a bikini named Jules.

I once heard Paul speak and minister in Akron, OH at St. Luke's Anglican Church, pastored by the Very Rev'd. Roger Ames. His sermon and ministry time was nothing spectacular. When he was done, he started to walk away from the pulpit, made a quick turnaround and came back to the mic and said, "I almost forgot to speak a word to those people who are dealing with ...". Right there he spoke words of hope into one of my friend's who was with me, life, that night. Thanks be to God.

I really hope all is well for this guy. Deep in my soul I long to see more of this supernatural gifting take place in the church, even in my life. Not for the entertainment and "wow" factor but for kingdom purposes. Lord have mercy.

Comments on "Paul Cain update"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM, December 04, 2007) : 

Boy, you hit the nail on the head when you said "the guys who used to PIMP Paul Cain out", who incidentally turned on him when they couldn't control his every move. I know Paul personally. He is a wonderful man, and he is indeed ministering again. Thanks for your blog! It's nice to read something kind about him for a change.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (3:42 PM, December 04, 2007) : 

Thanks for your comment. I don't know Paul personally but I'm rootin' for him. If you see him, greet him warmly for me -- hug him and tell him theultrarev sends his love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM, December 04, 2007) : 

As the friend that the Ultra
Rev is mentioning, I can say that the word that Paul Cain spoke has come true in my life and God used that moment to give me hope in a very dark place in my soul. The situation spoken about continues to change and improve and often I think of this moment at St. Lukes when God use a man I knew nothing about to assure me that He was aware and in control of all of my life situations. I know nothing of the controversy surrounding Paul, but I do know I am very grateful that he came back to the mike and spoke that final word.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (6:55 PM, December 04, 2007) : 

Arch, I have very fond memories of our conference going days. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 AM, January 04, 2008) : 

There is definitely a lot of power on his life. I have attended a service where he spoke (before he was outed as a homosexual) and the air was heavy with the anointing. I am rooting for him too.

I don't agree with bashing bickle, joyner and deere because none of them has been found to be an alcoholic and homosexual. To say he was pimped out by them is a very subjective statement that probably would best unsaid. Maybe they mishandled the situation, maybe they didn't. We should be thankful they took the risk of being willing to confront him or Paul may have very well continued in his sin (and did for time anyway).

I also don't agree with bashing Paul - the gifts and the callings are never taken back. I only hope that Paul will be faithful to God and fulfill his destiny since God has granted him a second chance.

Sean Bolz met his team and felt confident that Paul has truly repented and been restored. I pray it be true for God's glory and the sake of the Church.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (9:42 AM, January 04, 2008) : 

Forgive me. I meant "pimping" in a nice way, as in "promoting". No bashing intended.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM, January 05, 2008) : 

Thanks for the clarification my brother. God bless you. -Kevin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 AM, June 09, 2009) : 

interesting stuff... anyone contacted bickle, joyner, et al. to see if they have confidence in Cain's restoration to fellowship? their public letters seemed very sober minded a few years back... wondering if they have an update more current update?

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (3:44 PM, June 09, 2009) : 

I'd love to hear a current word also. I hope Paul is well and where there were breaks in relationships that they are healed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM, October 14, 2010) : 

Paul is one of the most humble and funny men you will ever meet. And he's a great friend. I've had the opportunity to get to know Paul personally meeting with him on numerous occasions and I'm very confident of his restoration and sincerity of heart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM, March 09, 2011) : 

I read the book Surprised by the voice of God in 1997 and was at that time very touched by the story of Jean Raborg, I'm 47 years old now but hit menopause when I was 40 and this story kept coming to mind and has given me hope and carried me through my darkest days. My sincere prayer that God will continue to use Paul Cain and ask for true repentence on his part. Thank you Lord Jesus

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (11:58 AM, March 09, 2011) : 

God bless you. Thank you for posting. May God come in power upon you.

 

post a comment