• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Theopedia. Who Knew?

I didn't even know there was a Theopedia. It uses the same interface technology of Wikipedia but is "an encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity".

Comments on "Theopedia. Who Knew?"

 

Blogger Emery said ... (3:24 PM, November 06, 2008) : 

I did. I even have it on my favorites. That's right folks, I'm in seminary.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (3:53 PM, November 06, 2008) : 

Sem gem.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM, November 07, 2008) : 

It's a pretty neat site, with links to a lot of other useful content as well. I've been using it for a few years, and love it.

Note: It's a Calvinist-run site, and part of the writing guidelines states that everything be written from that perspective.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (9:48 PM, November 07, 2008) : 

I saw that the editor was a huge Piper fan, which I am not. But I didn't see that there was a requirement that articles submitted must be from that perspective. Interesting that the About Page has this statement as to why have a Theopedia as opposed to Wikipedia: "Many articles on Wikipedia are driven by power plays. Those with special interests often exercise a heavy hand over the content."

Nice blog btw Len, and blessings on your ministry in the North Country. I miss being up there some days -- I miss the people a lot but am really glad to have moved down here.

 

post a comment