• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Official Site of the Great New York State Fair

I went to The State Fair last week on Thursday. My band at church bought Alyx and I tickets to see Joy Williams, Jars of Clay and Steven Curtis Chapman in concert. I get a lot of love at church!


Here I am with my Mom and kids.


My son Carter, me & my Mom.


Me, Katelyn, Carter & Benjamin.
One of the high lights of going to The Fair is getting Pizze Fritte or Fried Dough, covered in sugar.

New York State schools start later in the year (after Labor Day) than most other places in the nation. In part, it is still because of the old agricultural influences and the State Fair. The Fair ends on Labor Day. Historically it been a place for farmers and their families to show off their best animals, produce, plants, baked goods, etc. There are still competitions with ribbons awarded to the winners in a variety of categories. In a bygone era, kids didn't start school until the fair was over with as they were too busy with the family farm and preparing for, working at and enjoying the fair.

Comments on "The Official Site of the Great New York State Fair"

 

post a comment