• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 29, 2005

Official Site of Steven Curtis Chapman

This guy is really passionate for God but for me, his music just seemed so plastic. Now my wife said I liked Jars & Joy Williams better because they are Xer's and SCC is a boomer. That could be. But I just felt like I was at the Christian version of a Rick Springfield concert. However, I really admired a the guy for some things ...

Throughout his show, he gave props to Jars & Joy, making sure everyone knew that he didn't regard them as just opening acts who were second class musicians to him. That was very classy.

SCC and his wife have also adopted internationally multiple times and created a foundation called Shaohannah's Hope. Here is their mission statement from their web site:
To care for orphans by engaging the church and helping Christian families reduce the financial barrier to adoption.

We are dedicated to helping prospective adoptive parents overcome the financial barriers associated with adoption. We accomplish this by awarding financial grants to qualified families already in the process of adopting. The size of the grant awarded is determined by several factors, the most important being need.
You have to admire someone who sees what the Scripture says about caring for orphans and not only does care for orphans but provides other people with the resources to do the same. I pray that God makes him filthy rich because I think he'll do everything within his means to change the world and be a Kingdom influence.

Overall, tickets for the show with all three bands were $38.

Comments on "Official Site of Steven Curtis Chapman"

 

post a comment