• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2005

UPI NEWS: Fiery minister says hip-hop is devil music

And I thought country music was of the devil.

Comments on "UPI NEWS: Fiery minister says hip-hop is devil music"

 

Blogger Gary Means said ... (6:24 PM, October 22, 2005) : 

When I was a new Christian in 1979, I went to Basic Youth Conflicts, like a good little fundie. I came home and literally filled my garbage can with vinyl. I broke between 400 and 500 albums. It took weeks for the garbage man to take it all away. They wouldn't touch it the first week because it weighed too much.

I haven't read what the fiery minister says about hip-hop. I might even agree with some of what he says. But we do live in a fallen world. There isn't a whole lot in the world that humans touch that isn't influenced by evil to one extent or another. We humans have a pretty consistent record of corrupting just about anything. Even the so-called "Christian Music Industry" is strongly influence by greed and pride.

So, as for me, I will just continue listening to my favourite heavy metal artist, Pat Boone:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000005KOE/qid=1130023149/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-5900379-2222469?v=glance&s=music

(my real music tastes are listed in my profile)

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (7:04 PM, October 22, 2005) : 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I busted up a lot of those too. Many needed to be busted: Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Ozzy, The Doors, etc. But the Doobie Brothers & REO were not probably as demonic as I thought. Maybe that just was a big beetle on the Journey cover and not some demonic symbol.

I'm also just barely old enough to have not only destroyed my vinyl, but my 8 trax too.

Funny. I have since bought some of them back like the Doobie Bros., Lynard Skynard and Boston. I still need to replace EWF, Steve Miller and Bob Seger.

"C'mon take the money and run. Whoo, whoo, whoo!"

 

post a comment