• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Church Help

Blogging has been a little slow lately. Been tied up with work, making plans for next week's monthly visit to MN and managing snow. Got new tires today. I ended up in a ditch last week after a spin out on the ramp to John Glenn Blvd. coming off I690. A super nice guy in a pick-up pulled me out and wouldn't accept any money from me. This winter has convinced me: I will get a truck by next winter with 4 wheel drive and a plow. I have some financial maneuvering to do by next November.

I'm posting a couple of church help links below. In general I don't believe in generic church revitalization but am strangely drawn to it like a mosquito drawn to my back porch light at night. It looks like a great idea but I think ultimately will kill you.

Honestly, I want so bad for church revitalization to work. I really do. I keep thinking in my mind if small churches will make a significant number of subtle changes and one or two massive ones, they will turn around to great health, growth and effectiveness. But overwhelmingly those small, plateaued churches are dominated by a handful of unhealthy leaders who the rest of the parishioners refuse to discipline. Over and over again, the same scenario is played out where the dominant leaders want to the return the church to an era gone by and vehemently resist change and the church suffers.

Hopefully your church isn't like this and great health is right around the corner for you.

Comback Churches: How Churches Can Return to Evangelistic Effectiveness
Comback Churches is a site by Ed Stetser, who is known for his writings on missional churches and church planting. This site has some resources to help your church be more missional.

Jump Start Church - A spark of energy!
Jump Start Church is one of about 1o sites Steve Sjogren maintains. This is a blog and has a number of interesting diagnostic tools and questions.

Hope these things are helpful to you! May God bless you and your church. You matter to God.

Comments on "Church Help"

 

post a comment