• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 29, 2007

New Hope Free Methodist Church

I heard Dr. Linda Adams of New Hope Free Methodist Church in Rochester, NY preach at Liverpool Community Church this past weekend. She can flat out preach! It's not up yet, but I'm guessing her sermon will be posted here.

I was struck by how she talked about the wicked kings Manassah and Amon in the OT, who were followed by young Josiah. Josiah attempted to reform his people and in the course of time, his people stumbled across what had been lost, the Book of the Law which outlined God's covenant with his people. Truth had been a part of their people's history and was lost, yet right in their presence. That seems to be a true parallel to our country and many others who formerly might have been called a Christian nation.

(Understandably, it is arguable as to whether or not we were ever a Christian nation. I know, I know, were we ever Christian when we were stealing people's lands, killing those different from us and enslaving others ...)

Josiah's rampage for righteousness, where he tore down altars and destroyed idols, was admirable. Idolatry has a subtle way of seeping into our lives. May we have such courage to have a holy rampage on idolatry in our own lives. Of course, most of you don't have any idolatry issues in your life at all. I, however, went home convicted about a number of things.

Comments on "New Hope Free Methodist Church"

 

post a comment