• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Week Off?

Blogging has been more than a little slow with the arrival of a new baby and work. I had the privilege last week to speak in Butler, PA for a festival launch. I miss preaching. Next week I'm in Ashtabula, OH.

More exciting news from my life: I'm now the official church treasurer for Catalyst Church. Though I've only had the position for a week I'm thinking of changing the title to: Church Finance Czar. Hopefully I will not be the bane of our pastor's existence like so many church treasurers are.

My brother is a CPA and CFE, which is a Certified Fraud Examiner. He audits non-profits all the time that don't have good procedures in place. Here's some important info for you from an expert source: your ministry needs a Treasurer to pay the bills, a Financial Secretary to make and record the deposits AND he says that the bank statement ought to be received, ideally mailed, unopened by yet a third party. If you attempt to lead your organization to this model and find resistance there may be fraud going on that you don't know about.

Even more exciting news from my life: My Swedish Tempurpedic mattress arrived last night. It was about 15 degrees out so the whole thing felt like a brick for a couple hours. But it was a decent night sleep. I didn't wake up feeling like my back was on fire. Nice.

Comments on "A Week Off?"

 

post a comment