• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Still No Word From Pope On Visiting The Ultra Rev

I read a couple of interesting articles today about the upcoming visit of Pope Benedict to the US. I still haven't heard from him as to when or if he might stop by for ecumenical dialog and a pint. The door is always open.

Catholics support religion, not always church -- Newsday.com
While this is probably true of most churches, my personal experience has been that it is exceedingly true of Roman Catholics. My Roman Catholic friends love God, pray and desire spirituality to be a part of their life but they really want to see priests get married and have a host of other divergent views with the Church. Yet most couldn't imagine not being Roman Catholic.

Pope will find diverse church in US - Yahoo! News

Comments on "Still No Word From Pope On Visiting The Ultra Rev"

 

Blogger Rick said ... (6:37 PM, April 09, 2008) : 

I heard from the Pope. He said he was real busy but he wants you to fly to Houston and he says I should pick up the tab for the pint.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (8:59 AM, April 10, 2008) : 

Well it's good to know he hasn't forgotten me.

 

post a comment