• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Free Software! Don't Spend Money on Software That's Free

I love OpenSource software. Often I see churches and ministries spending needless money on software thinking they must have MS Office or other stuff. Get the free stuff people! It works. Here's a couple links with useful OpenSource information.

11 Free And Useful Open-Source Alternatives For Designers - Opensource, Free and Useful Online Resources for Designers and Developers -- the article is slightly confusingly set-up but when you click on this link and open the page, keep scrolling towards the bottom and you'll start to see OpenSource software packages and what they are a solid alternative to.

OpenOffice.org: 7 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do - Solutions by PC Magazine. Lot's of people use OpenOffice and have abandoned Microsoft Office. I certainly have. I use the NeoOffice version for OS X. Love it.

This linked article really helped me this week as I had some old Appleworks documents on my external drive and don't have a working version of Appleworks on the computer. One of the 7 Things You Didn't Know OO Could Do was open legacy documents, including Appleworks. It wasn't entirely a clean document but I could extract and edit my content easily.

Best OpenSource site for OS X: OpenSourceMac.org

Comments on "Free Software! Don't Spend Money on Software That's Free"

 

post a comment