• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 03, 2009

I've Been In The Wrong Churches

New Riverside Church pastor Rev. Brad Braxton's $600K compensation prompts parishioners' suit

New Riverside Church pastor says his raise was Lord-approved

Apparently I've been in the wrong churches. Pastor Braxton is pulling down $600k at Riverside Church. And I thought the Episcopal Church paid well.

This articles does bring up good questions. What do NYC churches do when they want their pastor to live in the community where their church is. A $100k here in upstate NY is living large whereas my friends down there still can't live in Manhattan comfortably for that. 600 large is lavish down there but not as much as you think. Book deals and other speaking engagements aside, I wonder if that makes him the pastor with the highest salary in the world?

Some of his parishioners are suing to have his salary reduced. That may be a first in church history: a lawsuit to reduce your pastor's salary. None of this is good.

Comments on "I've Been In The Wrong Churches"

 

post a comment