• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Related to the Hawley's



The Society of the Hawley Family, Inc.

I've been building on the extensive genealogical work my father has done. We are related to the Hawley family whose progenitor was Joseph Hawley. Joseph Hawley was born in 1603 in England and emigrated to the either MA or CT in about 1630 +/-. The Hawley web site says, "Joseph Hawley held several offices in the local government over the years, and acquired large land holdings in Connecticut. He died May 20, 1690."

So how are we related to Joseph Hawley?

Joseph Hawley begat Capt. John Hawley, who begat Henry Hawley, who begat Henry Hawley Jr., who begat Riggs Hawley, who begat Henry Lewis Hawley, who begat Henry Moore Hawley, who begat Mary Moore Hawley, who was married to Hammond Poineer Evans, who begat Ralph Evans, who begat David Evans, who begat me.

So what I'm saying is, unless you are related to an indigenous North American, my people were likely here first. :)

It also appears that I am related to a Viking named Thor Finn the Skull Splitter but I'll say more about that another day. Initially it appeared we might be French, which distressed me greatly. However, it is more likely we were just visiting France pillaging their land and women.

Comments on "Related to the Hawley's"

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (1:36 AM, May 17, 2009) : 

You guys beat us. The first new world Boydston/Boylston didn't show up in America until 1656. Thomas Boydston came from Scotland.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:25 PM, May 17, 2009) : 

Tack O Gud! Thanks Oh God! He is part Swedish/Danish/Norwegian!!!

with infinite hope, Jimmy Doo the Toe Nail Splitter

 

Blogger Rick said ... (7:45 AM, May 18, 2009) : 

On Mom's side we are connected to the Moody family who emmigrated in 1630. So I'll go year to year for you. But you still win. You've got a skull splitter; all we have is one lousy fat evangelist.

 

post a comment