• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Jujitsu Fighting Pastors

Fight Nights and Reggae Draw Churchgoers in Brazil - NYTimes.com

A Brazilian church outreach involves Reggae and a "fight night" with jujitsu fighters including the pastor. An odd attempt at being relevant. I've been thinking about this theologically for a while and something troubles me about it but I'm not sure what it is. What do you think? Do you want your pastor or you as the pastor to be fighting for sport?

I guess at a bare minimum his church treasurer and leadership team won't hassle him.

The article clearly outlines how it and some other extraordinary measures are being taken in Brazil as an evangelistic outreach. It's being done purely in the name of Christ and done for mission.

Yet something troubles me about it. You?

Comments on "Jujitsu Fighting Pastors"

 

post a comment