• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 08, 2016

Mother Theresa's Humility List

The following list is attributed to Mother Theresa. While I do not know if it is actually her's or not, I find it challenging and troubling. I mean 'troubling' in a good way. I know myself well enough that too often my life revolves around pain avoidance and attention seeking. This challenges me to stop the thinking, "I'm all that.".

I'm considering adopting these as part of a rule for life for me and my church. I pondering them deeply to see their Biblical under girding or lack thereof.

Mother Theresa's Humility List 

  1. Speak as little as possible about yourself. 
  2. Keep busy with your own affairs and not those of others.
  3. Avoid curiosity.
  4. Do not interfere in the affairs of others.
  5. Accept small irritations with good humor.
  6. Do not dwell on the faults of others.
  7. Accept censures even if unmerited.
  8. Give in to the will of others.
  9. Accept insults and injuries.
  10. Accept contempt, being forgotten and disregarded.
  11. Be courteous and delicate even when provoked by someone.
  12. Do not seek to be admired and loved.
  13. Do not protect yourself behind your own dignity.
  14. Give in, in discussions, even when you are right.
  15. Choose always the more difficult task.

Comments on "Mother Theresa's Humility List"

 

post a comment