• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 15, 2005

Concert Pictures


The lead singer for Audio Adrenaline singing "My Father's House" in bleachers whilst borrowing a hat from a girl in the crowd.


Brian Haley -- drummer for Toby Mac


Todde Lawton -- bass player for Toby Mac

Comments on "Concert Pictures"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM, May 24, 2005) : 

I know Todde personally and he is a great guy

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (10:07 PM, May 24, 2005) : 

Thanks for the comment. Tell Todde Lawton that "Steve" who helped him get internet access when he was at Springfest on the campus of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA says, "Hi and come visit me in Watertown, NY." If he comes and does a concert for me, I'll make his stay very plush.

Todde was the first band person I met that day and he couldn't have been more gracious. Every single little thing I did, he was greatly appreciative. He even hugged me when I brought pizza's out to the bus as they were about to leave.

True story ...
I show Todde & Toby to their dressing rooms. At that point, I didn't even know who they were. I'm clueless.

The dressing rooms were locker rooms for the JMU Convocation Center -- basically sports locker rooms. Not exactly plush and not much was done to make them comfortable.

When I get them to the locker rooms, the signs from the show the night before are still on the door: "The Crabb Family". No matter, Toby cracks jokes about it instead of being offended. Totally unclassy on the part of the host organization that I work for. But it gets worse and classier ....

Worse is when Toby calls me in and hesitantly says, "I don't want to complain or anything (and he really wasn't trying to complain) but this couch looks like it has hair all over it."

So I check it out. I look at Toby and say, "That's gross and completely unacceptable!" It was horrible -- like cat hair all over it, as if it was a pet's seat. I got a JMU maintenance person to put clean sheets over it.

Classy was when Toby & Todde don't make a big deal about it and treat me like I'm doing them a favor for fixing the situation. The truth was the organization that I work was completely unprofessional.

Those guys are the epitome of classy. Brian Haley too ... just super friendly.

 

post a comment