• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 11, 2005

Rock Stars, Evangelists, & Boxers

I'm home. Came home yesterday about 2:45 pm after an 8 hour drive from Harrisonburg, VA. I was there for the past 5 days working at an evangelist's crusade and attending the PEN Conference. Overall a great week.

Some interesting things to report from the week ...

I met Toby Mac and a couple of his band members. There are always rumors of rock stars being prima donas. Not true with Toby. Absolutely every little thing I did for him and his band they were effusively appreciative. He could not have been more humble, friendly or thankful. And what a fabulous show he puts on. I had never been to a rap show. Unbelievably high energy. Those guys are in incredible shape.

Jars of Clay and Audio Adrenaline were also great shows. Audio A did a kewl thing -- at the crusade there was a battle of the bands outside at the youth extreme day -- Audio A let the winner of the event, Sky Harbor, play a set during an intermission.

Pernell "Sweetpea" Whittaker, former Olympic boxer, responded to an altar call in prison by boxer Marvis Frasier. Sweetpea is apparently serving time for a cocaine related conviction.

Comments on "Rock Stars, Evangelists, & Boxers"

 

post a comment