• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute

I was in Utica, NY yesterday, the city of my birth and first 12 years of my life. While I was there I stopped in on The Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute. I was with a friend wanted to show me some famous paintings by Thomas Cole. I don't frequent art museums, I really do enjoy myself whenever I am in one and wish I did it more often.

My favorite artist remains William Bouguereau. Below is some of the marvelous eye-candy he has created. L'admiration (The Admiration) is a celebration of love. The women are enthralled with the irresistible Cupid. Original sketches by the artist showed that he sketched it several times with one showing the woman clipping the Cupid's wings to attempt to hinder him doing his work, and another with Cupid on a pedestal (Wissman, Fronia E. Bouguereau. Pomegranate Books: San Francisco. 1996.)


L'admiration. 1897. By William Bouguereau.

Comments on "Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute"

 

post a comment