• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Kingdom Bound

I enjoyed the day yesterday at Six Flags Darien Lake in western New York at Kingdom Bound. We took 7 youth, 3 adults and me, who is someplace in between those two categories. Some observations ...

Robin Mark is even better in person than he is on CD, and he is phenomenal on CD. A friend of mine met him and got his picture taken with him. In his thick Irish brogue he said, "Seek His face."

I saw parts of several concerts: Pillar, Disciple, Skillet, Jason Upton, Toby Mac, Mercy Me, Out of Eden, Paul Baloche and Ken Freeman. . . . Freeman tells an incredible story about his horrific upbringing and now ministering as an evangelist . . . . Toby Mac does an absolutely incredible show. Now I may be biased because I met him before and he is so very nice but he is just so much fun and high energy . . . Out of Eden did nothing for me. They sang to background tracks and at one point screwed up the song, stopped it, laughed about it and started it over after talking to the sound guy. Not good . . . Pillar was really loud, and really hard core, but it was amazing to see this throng of several thousand teens and young adults, mostly male, singing passionately, banging their heads, pumping their fists, all in unison, to lyrics I couldn't completely understand but sounded overtly Christian. Amazing. . . .

My teens were really great like always. Absolutely no discipline problems and they are so good to each other. I love these kids. They introduced me to some other music. Have you heard of Flogging Molly -- an Irish punk band, so I'm told. I loved them.

Comments on "Kingdom Bound"

 

post a comment