• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Computer Free Lent

Well I'm beginning my preparations for Lent. I'm giving up extraneous computing. I'm still not sure how this is going to work out, probably because I don't have a good handle on extraneous. So far I think: computer games - OUT, reading the news & surfing in general - OUT, blogging - IN, photoshop playing - OUT, updating my photo web site - OUT, movie editing - OUT, iCHAT - mostly out, podcast listening - IN. I'm still not sure what to do about my fantasy baseball team — probably mostly out.

My goal is to only use the computer when 'absolutely necessary' but as I'm thinking about it I'm having a little difficulty what 'absolutely necessary' means. The computer is a little bit of a god to me and dominates a lot of my time. For
Lent I would like to give that time back to God.

I have to travel for work on Ash Wednesday and that's a little disappointing. I was hoping to be with Fr. Giles out in Carthage and have my family with me. He's doing a community wide Ash Wed service at noon at the Nazarene Church with lunch immediately following. Hopefully I'll find some ashes in Dover, DE where I'll be.

Comments on "Computer Free Lent"

 

Blogger Rick said ... (8:02 AM, February 17, 2006) : 

Work out a way to get yourself to Kingwood that evening or any of 5 Wednesday evenings following. We have an awesome Ash Weds service and then 5 soup suppers/Lenten services.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (12:54 PM, February 17, 2006) : 

Rick, I just mapquested it: Dover, DE to Houston, TX:
Total Est. Time: 23 hours, 28 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 1513.59 miles

I'll see if I can work it into the schedule.

 

Lent'">post a comment