• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hindrances to Prayer

Treatment of Your Spouse
1 Peter 3.7 “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect.”

Be Clear Minded and Self-Controlled
1 Peter 4.7 “Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.”

Belief
James 1.6 “But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, . . . 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; ...”

Wrong Motives
James 4.4 “When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.”

Cherishing Sin in the Heart
Psalm 66.18 “If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.”

Ignoring the Poor
Proverbs 21.13 “If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.”

Deaf Ear to the Law
P
roverbs 28.9 “If a man turns a deaf ear to the Law, even his prayers will be detestable.”

Intentionally Hardened Hearts, Ignoring the Law
Zechariah 7.12-13 “12 They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the Lord Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the prophets. So the Lord Almighty was very angry. 13 ‘When I called, they did not listen,’ say the Lord Almighty."

Pride
2 Chronicles 7.14 “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

Comments on "Hindrances to Prayer"

 

Hindrances to Prayer'">post a comment