• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 12, 2006

Traveling

Spent last week in northern Minnesota ... flew into Bemidji on Monday, stayed for a Tuesday meeting, a Wednesday meeting in Virginia, MN, Thursday in Grand Rapids, MN and Friday in Hibbing and Duluth. Flew home out of Duluth. A good visit.

If you're going up that way, check out Grand Rapids, MN. It's a logging town with a comfortable feel there. Of course it's spring time now. Ask me if I feel the same when I visit next winter.

I watched the movie North Country tonight. A couple guys up there have been encouraging me to see it. It's about the mining industry in northern MN and the harassment that many women experienced working there. Good movie. They have the accents down perfect.

It took 14 years for the women to receive their settlement ... 1984 to 1998. I experienced some feelings of dissonance as I watched unthinkable discriminatory, abusive behavior that happened to women in my lifetime. The movie almost seemed like it should have been history of decades ago but sadly it was not barely more than a single decade ago.

Comments on "Traveling"

 

post a comment