• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Obituary Listings: Elizabeth C. Thompson

I get to be a pastor again this week. I'll do the memorial and graveside services of Mrs. Thompson on Wednesday. She is the mother of my Uncle Bob, who is married to my mother's younger sister Patti. I've known her nearly my whole life. I can remember going to roast beef dinners at her church and seeing her at camp every summer. She was a long time member of an American Baptist Church. It will be a great privilege and honor to serve her and her family this week. Peace to her memory.

I will also get to do a wedding on Sunday at Arrowhead Lodge at Oneida Shores Park. This is my second wedding this summer — the first being my cousin Eric's with his bride Maggie. That was a fantastic event held at The Otesaga in Cooperstown with the best best-man toast I've ever heard.

It's wonderful to be doing pastoral ministry again. I've missed it though I haven't missed church board and committee meetings one bit.

Comments on "Obituary Listings: Elizabeth C. Thompson"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM, August 21, 2006) : 

Off topic comment. This blog came up in reference to Tim LaBouf, who is enjoying his 15 minutes of infamy. If Watertown 1st Baptist is still ABC, he has veered off into very weird territory and displays a gross ignorance of denominational history. My dad was ordained in the ABC, and I got baptized in it.

See my post at dKos:
http://www.dailykos.com/user/Allamakee%20Democrat

PS: the statement "More people are killed in Africa by Water Buffalo than any other animal." is not right. It's hippos.

 

post a comment