• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Church Then and Now: Low Grade Fever

Fellow Covenant clergyman, Kurt Fredrickson, has an excellent post about the current state of affairs in the church. After reading it I was just stunned with how much I resonated with it. It's like he put words to something I had been feeling and experiencing so deeply but never really verbalized.

Kurt says there's a pervasive feeling out there that the church has a low grade fever from a variety of causes. Something is broken. Something is pervasively just not right. The treatment for the fever isn't widely known yet, but we're on the verge of something new.

I really believe that a new way of being church is coming but honestly, I don't know what it is. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen it yet. Lord have mercy on your church, and especially on me. I'm longing for something new.

Comments on "The Church Then and Now: Low Grade Fever"

 

post a comment