• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Welcome to the Land of the Ultra Rev

Recently, I've had some new visitors in the Land of the Ultra Rev.  Thank you for stopping by. Here's a little information about me ...

I've been married to my fantastic wife for 16 years and 11 months.  We have 4.9 brilliant, beautiful, wonderful kids that we home school who can't keep their rooms clean.

I currently work as a Festival Director, arranging large evangelistic events for an evangelistic association.  I am ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church having served First Covenant Church in Willoughby Hills, OH; however, most recently I served as an associate pastor at an Episcopal Church in Watertown, NY.  I live in Liverpool, NY, having moved here just recently from Black River, NY.

This blog consists of my various ramblings about theology, culture, my family & life and sometimes wine.  Whilst I am mostly evangelical in theology, evangelical culture drives me crazy and so I often like to poke fun at it. I also blog about the current Anglican crisis and the nonsensical organization called the Episcopal Church. I like to blog about God at work in my life. I have offended people on occasion and have been known to delete or change entries when the offended asks.

I'm passionate about marriage and family ministries, evangelism, giving away the Bible, church planting, upstate New York State, the Evangelical Covenant Church, the Anglican Communion, good coffee, fantasy baseball and football, my friends and family, and Apple computers.

On the side bars of this blog you'll find various ministries that I'm passionate about, some bloggers friends, a list of the places I've been over the past 2 years, links to my outdated .Mac site and my YouTube site and my other interests like OpenSource software and self help sites, as my life generally needs a lot of help.

Why "theultrarev"? 

Here's the deal ... In the Anglican Church, they have various titles for varying callings within the church.

If you are a Deacon, you are called "Deacon ..." or "The Rev. ..."
If you are an Archdeacon, you are called "The Venerable ..."
If you are a Priest you are called "The Rev."
If you are a Dean of a cathedral or district, you are "The Very Rev."
If you are a Bishop, you are "The Right Rev."
If you are the Presiding Bishop, you are "The Most Rev." and you can also be called a "Primate" or "Archbishop"

I just didn't want to be out done. When I was a pastor in Ohio I used to irreverently refer to myself as The Most Rev. Then one kind man in my church, whom I love and miss dearly, Ed Palmer, started sending me mail addressed to "The Ultra Rev. ..." and it stuck. So now I am the Bishop of My Desk, which is a relatively small diocese that I have a great deal of difficulty managing with one cantankerous clergyman.

I am considering a promotion to The Supreme Rev.

Thanks for visiting The Land of the Ultra Rev. Comments are encouraged.

Comments on "Welcome to the Land of the Ultra Rev"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM, December 04, 2007) : 

Please, No Supreme okay? I like you Ultra.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (6:51 PM, December 04, 2007) : 

Sounds like you are ordering a pizza from Pizza Hut.

 

post a comment