• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Touring Israel

Biblical Tours to Israel

Plenty of people are still taking tours of Israel despite the violence that has happened there in recent months. It's still a thriving industry. My friend Rev. Dr. John Delancey will lead three tours in 2009. He says people love taking the trips and getting acquainted with the Holy Land.

I toured the Middle East for two weeks in 1994, visiting Jordan, Egypt and Israel. It was a life changing trip in many ways. I floated in the Dead Sea, climbed Mt. Sinai and visited St. Catherine's Monastery at it's base, visited Qumran where the Dead Scrolls were found, snorkeled with colorful fish in the Red Sea near Eilat, found potsherds in an archaeological dig in Madaba, and toured a variety of places from the life of Jesus and other biblical figures. I remember how wonderfully friendly the Arabs in Jordan were, especially in Petra, which is both a great historical site and Hollywood site with famous scenes from an Indiana Jones movie.

For me, reading the Bible was changed dramatically once I had a visual memory of the locations mentioned there. I hope you can go.

Comments on "Touring Israel"

 

post a comment