• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

9 Sr. Pastor Position Available in ECC

Churches Seeking Staff - Evangelical Covenant Church

Wow. There are a total of 9 Senior Pastor positions listed at the ECC web site. That is the lowest I have ever seen. Connecticut. Pennsylvania. Virginia. Massachusetts. Kansas. Minnesota. California. That's it. Several hundred churches in the ECC and only 9 positions open. These are interesting times.

With all the clergy stability, I wonder how this will affect the health of churches?

Comments on "9 Sr. Pastor Position Available in ECC"

 

Blogger Corey said ... (8:36 AM, December 07, 2010) : 

I wonder if it is "clergy stability" or just a whole lot more of "I simply can't afford to retire" or take a risk on a move right now....

The health question will be answered in a few years when things begin to open up - did this stability yield vitality or stagnance in the congregations?

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (8:15 PM, December 07, 2010) : 

Exactly. By stability I meant lack of mobility. I am very interested to see if it will yield vitality or stagnance. I just have a hunch that this might be good for the church. Just a hunch.

Funny how it was just a few short years ago where length of clergy tenure was getting shorter and shorter.

 

Blogger therealkimaliczi said ... (3:53 PM, December 08, 2010) : 

Four of those are in the East Coast conference. Not sure what that says, either. :)

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (4:42 PM, December 08, 2010) : 

No kidding. For years on end the East Coast always had just a few. It's probably because you have Jason Condon in the Conference now and people are fleeing. :)

 

post a comment