• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 07, 2004

Trinity Sunday (The First Sunday of Pentecost)

This past Sunday was Trinity Sunday. Since our church is named "Trinity" it was our patronal feast day, therefore, Fr. busted out the incense to make things a little more festive and reverant. Of course that was not so great for the people with asthma. I enjoyed it thoroughly and was welcomed to it again when I came into work this morning, as it's fragrance was still in the air.

I'm thinking my next calling in life is to be a Thurifer, which is "an acolyte who carries a Thurible", which is "a censer used in certain ecclesiastical ceremonies or liturgies."

Here is a picture of our Thurible.


The texts for this Sunday were:

Isaiah 6:1-8 Psalm 29 Revelation 4:1-11 John 16:12-15

Fr. Turner put in this nice little graphic as an insert into the bulletin.


May the blessing of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit be upon you always. Amen.

Comments on "Trinity Sunday (The First Sunday of Pentecost)"

 

post a comment