• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Heaven

So my beloved friend JJ, who is also our church sexton, is going to Korea to hang out with a beautiful lady that he met online. I asked today about Korean coffee, hoping that they might have something exotic and he could score me some. He said it was terrible and that this woman wanted him to bring her some good coffee. She used to live in NYC and misses her cappuccino's. JJ said, he saw a box of packets up at Sam's he was going to pick up for her.

[heavy sigh]

That's what I'm dealing with here in the North Country a.k.a Coffee Hell! There is no legitimate honest to goodness coffeeshop here. Nothing. Nada. Nunc. A good cappy here is going to Sam's and getting a packet. Oi!

Let me tell you about Coffee Heaven: Via Quadronno. It's in Manhattan. I went there one time last summer on my trip to NYC to visit my friend SangTang and to go to MacWorld at the Javitz Center. Lorenzo, a coffee god, made our cappys. On the second sip, it was clear that I had never, ever tasted a cappy this good. EVER. Oh my!

To this day, just moments ago, while in the kitchen with JJ, it still sends shivers down my spine as I think about that cappy. The foam was as smooth as a gel. Often times people burn their expresso, which is not good considering expresso coffee is already burnt. Lorenzo's was a perfect blend, brewed to a perfect strength.

Sure I could go down to Syracuse. SangTang scores me some incredible import: Moka di Oro, Kimbo, Essse and LaVazza which I make in the afternoons, but every now and then I just want to sit down to a cappy and biscotti in a nice coffeeshop.

I wonder if Lorenzo could FedEx me a cappy?

Comments on "Heaven"

 

post a comment