• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Jesus Came To Bring Division.

Have you ever read some of the stuff Jesus said? He never really sounds Episcopalian. For them, unity at all costs is one of their highest values. Yet Jesus said, ...

Luke 12:49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Have you ever had Jesus divide your house? Have you seen him do it elsewhere?

When I was 15 I had a conversion experience at a Baptist church. My first time going to a church any place other than Roman Catholic. I heard the gospel that day and went forward at an altar call. After that, I decided I was no longer Catholic. It got frosty in my house and it took years to recover from it. My mom was raised a strict Catholic, during the era where it was a sin just to go into another church that wasn't Catholic.

What do you think Jesus means by these words ... "I have come to bring fire ..." ... "Do you think I have come to bring peace ... No, ... division."? Do you think it means families and communities will be divided over following him? Or does he have something else in mind? Your stories and thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments on "Jesus Came To Bring Division."

 

post a comment