• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 06, 2004

Teens

Took 4 other adults & 10 teens to Six Flags Darien Lake for Kingdom Bound, a 4 day Christian Music festival at a waterpark ... we only stayed for 2 days. A great time was had by all.

I have worked with youth on and off since 1990. I have often heard about how difficult working with teens can be and occasionally I have experienced it. But again this past weekend I was amazed at how the kids in my church are so well behaved.

These kids could not have been more polite and appreciative. Everything we did for them they said thank you ... repeatedly. Absolutely not a single disciplinary problem. They got along with each other, followed directions and had fun.

We saw FFH, The Denver Mile High Orchestra, Casting Crowns, Paul Baloche and Third Day in concert. And we heard a little bit of Lakita Garth. I rode the Superman rollercoaster. Remember Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd in Spies Like Us, when they got off the space ship simulator and their faces were contorted? That was me.

I also spent a lot of time in the wave pool ... very relaxing.

In two weeks i will take another 20+ teens to Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge, NY for the weekend. Youth ministry is rough.

Comments on "Teens"

 

post a comment