• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

More Sex Questions ...

Well, I got some more questions from the youth group this week in regards to sexuality.

How do you make love to someone?
Why are so many people down on homosexuals?
What is master bashun?
(not a typo)

I'm not sure I'm going to even touch that first question. I hate to say, "Go ask you parents kid." but I'm not so sure it's such a good idea for a youth pastor to be answering that question to a young girl.

This past week's sermon was about Designer Sex. God designed sexuality and has given it to his people to be treasured and enjoyed. I advocate for the position that since God has given us this gift, and He has given us this drive within us so strongly, that we His people should be experts on sexuality both in theory and practice.

If St. Paul is going to direct us not to withhold ourselves from each other, I suggest that Christians should be the best lovers in the world. A Christian spouse ought to be among the most sexually satisfied persons in the world.

Now certainly that does have selfish motives behind it, but I think there is a bit of Biblical truth behind it.

I want to give God's people a new vision for their sexuality. Instead of just encouraging teens, and adults too, towards purity and hope they win the battle, I want to give them a vision of something greater. I want to encourage all of God's people towards 'greatness in bed.'

Now you might think that is whacked, and that I deserve a late night TV show on the EWTN station with Mother Angelica. But read the text below. Regular marital relations are meant to be a safeguard for a couple. In some ways the text suggests that a lack thereof is dangerous! If so, I think all of God's married people should be such great lovers that their spouses feel privileged to be married to them.

1 Corinthians 7:2 But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Comments on "More Sex Questions ..."

 

post a comment