• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Wingfield Encounter Update

I met evangelist Steve Wingfield tonight. He was here for dinner and then a concert of prayer and kick-off for our Encounter, scheduled for next June. I was impressed. I am so stinkin' cynical and skeptical and he passed the initial 'sniff' test. He didn't smell like a fake in any way.

We had nearly 100 people for the rally, which was good, considering I spent the time slotted for me to publicize it in bed with the flu. My band rocked the place with Here I Am to Worship, Shout To The North & One Name.

Ever seen The Harvest video? We played it tonight for this event. I've seen in countless times, even as recently as Sunday when in Scandia, PA for a school of evaneglism. And I still cry every time ... cried tonight ... cried on Sunday. As soon as those combines come rolling over the hill for the harvest, I just lose it and start begging God for revival to come. I really long to see the Spirit of God poured out in power, signs and wonders, with conviction brought upon the people of God, a new wave of holiness sweeping over us, people released from the bondage of addiction, families healed ... something so big that the news media just can't talk about anything else. That would be so kewl.

Revival started in this town over 180 years ago with Charles Finney, so I'm thinking we're about due. Finney was born in the area, moved away and then came back where he experience his conversion and began is preaching here. Come Holy Spirit Come!

Comments on "Wingfield Encounter Update"

 

post a comment