• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm coming out of the closet today ...

Today is Pentecost Sunday. Have I ever told you that I'm a Pentecostal? Absolutely full fledged, unashamed, tongue speaking, praying for healing, believing in miracles, love it when the worship team sings one song for 25 minutes, wishing I was slain in the Spirit, occasional word of knowledge & prophesy, John Wimber fan, Jack Deere disciple, wine drinking, John McArthur mocking, Pentecostal.

There. It's out. I lie every time I don't put "10" on the Covenant Minister's Profile for the charismatic involvement. There. That's out too. I'm full of confession & self revelation today.

Comments on "I'm coming out of the closet today ..."

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (11:22 PM, May 16, 2005) : 

Ok -- yawn -- so is 25% of the Covenant Ministerium. :-) Of course, they're not all out of the closet.

The problem with that goofy question on the profile is that it is going to feed someone's stereo-type rather than the reality.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (10:34 AM, May 17, 2005) : 

Now that I'm out of the closet, I should become a Bishop. I've seen it done elsewhere.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (10:37 AM, May 17, 2005) : 

Obviously the whole charismatic thing was a huge issue for Covenant churches and ministerium. I wonder if it still is and if it's even necessary to have that continuum on the ministerial profile any longer.

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (10:42 PM, May 17, 2005) : 

If they let me design the questions on that profile I'd dump that one -- along with a few others. But that form belongs to the supts and they didn't ask me. I'm sure they have (or HAD) their reasons.

 

post a comment