• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Anglican Communion News Service: Prebendary Sandy Millar appointed Bishop

This article as taught me a new word: Prebendary. And by looking up it's definition I learned several more such as: benefice, prebend, and prebendary stalls. Anglican-speak is fascinating.

Essentially, a Prebendary is an Anglican clergy, who has a post at a cathedral and receives a stipend from the revenues of the cathedral or it's endowments, or in previous times, receives a parcel of property or a stipend from the revenues from cathedral estates.

My favorite Anglican-speak is: to bajulgate a crozier, which I have written on previously but am glad to bring it up again. I still don't know if I'm spelling it correctly but I learned it from my esteemed friend The Rt. Rev. Gladstone Adams. I just love those words. There's something about them that makes you feel like your talking dirty in church but it's OK.

Comments on "Anglican Communion News Service: Prebendary Sandy Millar appointed Bishop"

 

post a comment