• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Don Sebastiani & Sons - The Family Division : The Next Generation In Wine

Today's selection is the Pepperwood Grove 2002 Chardonnay. Light color, extremely smooth ... very smooth, smelled a little odd at first but the taste is great ... almost a little spicey. Very smooth. Great! $7.99 + tax.

Also bought a Galllo White Zinf for a whopping $4.29.

I don't think I told you about the Meadow Mist from "Chateau Lafayette Reneau - Award Winning Wines, Charming Winery Estate & Inn, Near Beautiful Seneca Lake in New York". I have 15 empty wine bottles that decorate my kitchen. Meadow Mist is one of two that I didn't/couldn't finish whole bottle. Just didn't work for me at all.

On the other hand ... I don't think you can go wrong with a Francis Ford Copolla wine. I've had 3 different kinds, mostly recently a 2003 Gold Label Chardonnay from the Diamond Collection. Loved it.

Comments on "Don Sebastiani & Sons - The Family Division : The Next Generation In Wine"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM, November 22, 2005) : 

Heya Ultra Rev.

Have you tried anything from the Thousand Islands Winery in Alex Bay? Their North Country Red is good if you like sweet wine. I'm new to wine, but you might find their stuff interesting.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (10:29 PM, November 22, 2005) : 

The Thousand Islands Winery has a stand at the Farmers Market in Watertown and I visited it a couple times this summer. That's the only time I've had it.

But since you brought it up, I'll make that my next wine purchse.

I'm new to wine too. My primary goals are: 1) to buy under $10 and 2) always buy something new.

A close friend of mine is a wine guru on the NYC circuit. He recently recommended these wines to me. His most important advice: never order Merlot.
* If you can find a good house of Ribolla Gialla (Italian White) you'll be impressed. Hard to find.
* For the Syracuse area you might want to try Vernaccia di San Gimignano [sp], a splendid Italian White;
* Verdiccio (Italian white);
* Evolution (Oregon) fun white;
* Aglianico del Vulture exotic Italian red (buy an early vintage, younger the better);
* Lagrein (Italian Red from Trentino-Alto Adige);
* Valtellina Superiore (Sassella, or Grumello, or Inferno) Italian red from Lombardia AWEsome.
* Or Amarone, serious Italian red from Italy Veneto.

Thank you for your comment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM, November 27, 2005) : 

Hey, thanks for the list. I'll bookmark the comment, and be sure to check out some of those wines with my wife in the near future.

 

post a comment