• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 05, 2006

15 Years

15 years ago today, my wife and I were married at Redeemer Covenant Church in Liverpool, NY by Pastor Bill Anthes. I thank God for so many couples who lived out strong marriages and mentored us in many ways ... The Anthes, Baehrs, Shorts, LaCourses, Janes, Gabriels, Franks, Hartmans, Godards, Sagers and so many others. I find it amazing that 15 years later I still think of those people as role models and some of the finest Christian people I have ever known. I still hope to grow up and be like them.

It hasn't been 15 years of marital bliss. There have been some very dark times. But God's grace has carried us. We have also had some very joyous times: learning to live through times of poverty & seeing miracles of God's provision, having 4 incredible children, being a ministry family, seeing friends and family come to Christ, owning our first home, tithing and having good friends like Misses Linda, Lynnette, Kay, Carol, Evelyn, Dahls, Mr. Robb, The Cuckoo Guy aka Jimmy Lee, The Kooys, Johnsruds, Fergusons, Littlefields, Kulbagos, Avistes, Turners, Humphries, Coburns, Carlsons, SangTang, the a5 Band, and so many more. Our families, epsecially my mom, dad and gramma have given us more than we could have ever imagined.

We appear to be headed for another 50 years together. Thanks be to God.

Comments on "15 Years"

 

Blogger Rick said ... (11:14 PM, January 05, 2006) : 

Congrats Stevie Baby. Alicia and I hit two-six a week from today. Like you I marvel at grace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM, January 06, 2006) : 

Someone recently said to me with regard to marriage, "Marriage is hard...but good." It's similar to the Beaver's response to the Pevensie children when they inquire about the safety of Aslan, "Of course he's not safe, but he's good."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM, January 06, 2006) : 

Steve--

The above post belongs to BJB

 

post a comment