• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Crusade Director

That's my official title: Crusade Director. I am now officially a full-time evangelistic Crusade Director. It's probably one of the rarest jobs in the country. I'll bet there aren't 100 Directors in the US.

I'll go on record (again) that I don't like the word "Crusade" but it's not my call and I promised not to whine about it.

I work for an organization who does ministry like the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Have you ever seen or participated in a Billy Graham Crusade or Luis Palau Festival? Those events take 9-12 months of preparation and several months of follow-up. I do that.

I network with pastors and community leaders in certain cities to ascertain readiness to hold an evangelistic event. When ready I work alongside local people to recruit a leadership team, establish a local event office & hire staff, plan a schedule of preparation events and see them through completion, develop a financial support base, assist with choosing venue and guest artists, plan the actual event, be heavily involved in promoting all aspects of a crusade and making sure people who indicate a decision for Christ are followed up afterward. For most events this requires overseeing thousands of volunteers and monitoring budgets of a couple hundred thousand dollars.

Ideally, when the event is over and our organization has moved on to another city, if I do my job well, a city will feel really excited about what has been accomplished for the Kingdom of God and never remember me. Although I am ultimately responsible for every detail, the event is owned by local people and all the work is done by them. I'm just shepherding them in the right direction.

Today I was networking in Kingston, ON. What a beautiful city! I need to go back there just to hang out. It doesn't seem anything is going to happen there right away but there is huge potential.

Comments on "Crusade Director"

 

Blogger Rick said ... (7:49 AM, January 13, 2006) : 

Congrats on the new job! I am delighted to hear this good news. I hope all is well.

Rick

 

post a comment