• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Saint Luke's Reformed Episcopal Church - Santa Ana, California

I like this church's web site. They have made available morning and evening prayer for families. I'm not sure why, but I haven't found anyone podcasting morning and evening prayer who does so with any "shizzle". I suppose the daily office is generally boring. It's a discipline and an acquired taste and I wish I had acquired it because in practice I love it but discipline is rarely my thing.

St. Luke's also has a page regarding a conference they did on the Uniqueness of Christianity. Sessions I & II are currently available with session III on its way. I haven't actually listened to them yet and the photo's suggest this was a low tech experience with an overhead. But they certainly look interesting.

I didn't look closely at their code but I like whatever streaming player they use. When I played the daily office it came up in a Firefox window with the window header having the site's URL - "Wimpy Player". I don't know much about it but it worked very well on my computer.

They have a little statement on the page explaining their "formal" worship practice. I kinda like it even though it does fit my user friendly standards for churches:

We are delighted to welcome you to our worship of the true and living God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Saint Luke's is apostolic, biblical, ancient, evangelical, and reformed. Learn more. We observe a certain formality in our service to better concentrate on the worship of Almighty God. The liturgy emphasizes both the majesty of the Triune God and the worshiper's reverence and awe in His presence. All baptized Christians in good standing with Christ's Church are welcome "

Comments on "Saint Luke's Reformed Episcopal Church - Santa Ana, California"

 

post a comment