• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A long ride home ...

Today I woke up in my hotel room in Jamestown at 5:55 am. Just like I wanted. The forecasters predicted snow in the area by 9 am so I wanted to leave early to beat the snow and get home early for my sons' birthday today. I was on the road by 6:08 am.

I got to the other side of Buffalo and had a tire blow out near Pembroke. After some searching I found a Dunn Tire in Batavia. This is the second blow out I've had this year on the same rim. I had a nail in the tire today.

So I get back on the NYS Thruway, travel a short distance and decide to get a bagel and cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. I get back in the car but can't leave the rest stop. A NYS Trooper is blocking the exit. President Bush landed in Rochester this morning and will be traveling by motorcade to Canandaigua so the NYS Thruway is temporarily blocked off.

After a brief stop in Syracuse I was home by 2:00 pm — about twice as long as usual. A long day.

Comments on "A long ride home ..."

 

Blogger Barb Hungerford said ... (12:45 PM, March 15, 2006) : 

Sorry that your trip home had to be so eventful. Western NY usually doesn't have such excitement. Thanks for sharing such great info with us in Jamestown. We were blessed to have you here with us.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (8:52 AM, March 17, 2006) : 

It was great to be there! Thanks for welcoming me. I hope to come back for an even larger event. Please pray about that.

 

post a comment