• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Covenant Annual Meeting

The Evangelical Covenant Church continues to grow:

Covenant News - 8 Churches Removed from Member Roster

Covenant News - 25 Churches Welcomed into Membership

That's a net of 17 churches, which really isn't that big of a number. But it does represent the consistent growth of a small denomination that could have easily become another dying, ingrown denomination with immigrant origins. Instead, through God's mercy, He has granted us great leaders with a Kingdom vision. Thanks be to God.

The annual meeting is being held in Grand Rapids, MI this year, which is the closest I think I have ever lived to where an annual meeting was happening. I'm wishing I was there with my partners in crime ... er, uh ... ministry, Xorey, Brad, Stacey, Nate, et al. Tonight I'll hook up my S-video cable from my computer to my TV and watch the evening worship live. I've just talked to the guys and told them to do something stupid on camera tonight. Keep an eye out for them.

What a contrast it is to read about the Covenant Church's meeting and the Episcopal Church's meeting in Columbus, OH. They're coming apart at the seems. I'm praying for my friend Bishop Gladstone "Skip" Adams — would not want to be in his shoes right now.

Comments on "The Covenant Annual Meeting"

 

Blogger Rick said ... (11:27 AM, June 16, 2006) : 

I'm with you Stevie - wishing I was in Grand Rapids with my colleagues. Though I have been out of the loop so long I wonder if many people remember me. This is the sixth year since I have been at an AM.

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (1:31 PM, June 16, 2006) : 

I haven't attended an AM since I was ordained in 1995 or a MidWinter since 2002. I still attend all the GLC meetings and would love it if all of the P&E Associates got together again. I miss that.

At this year's GLC AM I visited with about 5 others who are in the diaspora like you and I. It's a growing phenomenon.

 

post a comment