• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Midwinter Conference - Evangelical Covenant Church

It's been several years now since I have been to the Midwinter Conference for Evangelical Covenant Church. I remember when that used to be one of the high lights of my year like it is for many Covenant pastors. Since I don't work at a church currently I don't have anyone help pay my way to go. I estimate it would cost about $1200 for me to go this year and that's just not in my personal budget especially with the recent financial snafu's.

I kind of miss MidWinter. It was always fun to catch up with seminary friends like Jimmy Doo Erickson and his beloved Cathy Stanley, Ken Johnson, Dan Ferguson, Kenton Johnson, Steve Pederson and others like sem profs Weebs & Richard Dodger Carlson.

On the one hand it was very exciting to see that MidWinter got moved out of Chicago this year and will be in Denver. I always used to think "why do they schedule this event for pastors in the winter in Chicago?" That's dumb. So it was nice to see it moved. On the other hand why move it to Denver? Why not Florida, Arizona, Texas even the Carolinas? Was there no place warm that would have it?

Comments on "Midwinter Conference - Evangelical Covenant Church"

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (8:15 AM, November 06, 2006) : 

It'$ all about money. To put it in some place like Florida would end up costing a lot more than the $1000 or so that the average church might be paying to send a pastor. Rooms in the sunbelt in the winter are megabucks. I'm still advocating for the Midwinter cruise, though. And Denver can actually be quite pleasant in the winter -- very sunny -- usually without snow. It's the fall and the spring when they get hit with the snow storms. Sorry that I won't make it this year either -- for the first time in ages. Keeping warm in winter is no longer an issue for me. I've yet to see a house in Guam with a heater.

 

post a comment