• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Church's Diet

I have blogged about previously about the church's need to take obesity seriously. Here are two recent articles about diet and obesity that got me to thinking.

When are churches going to ban trans-fats at potlucks and church dinners? Instead of dividing up the congregation "A-M" brings a salad and "N-Z" brings a dessert, maybe we'll have to begin giving other health guidelines to tell people to bring healthy stuff to church meals.

My Way News - 2006 Diet News: Hold the Trans-Fats

My Way News - Study: Many Kids Too Fat by Preschool

This later article got me thinking ... when is someone going to start saying that allowing a child to become morbidly obese is child abuse? I predict it's coming -- especially when it comes to pre-schoolers. As a parent of a pre-schooler don't you control the quantity and kind of food put in front of a kid? Aren't you responsible? Some child welfare advocate out there is going to call this child abuse eventually. Then what? Foster care for over weight kids.

And again, where is the church speaking prophetically or ministering with Christlike compassion on this issue?

Comments on "The Church's Diet"

 

post a comment