• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Boydston for President

At the urging of my beloved friend Jimmy Doo Erickson, I sent this letter today to the Presidential Nominating Committee of the Evangelical Covenant Church:

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your service to the Covenant Church by serving on the Presidential Nominating Committee. Many are praying for you and I trust you will be led by the Holy Spirit in all you do.

I would like to recommend that you consider Rev. Brad Boydston as a potential candidate for President of the Covenant Church. Brad is an orthodox theologian/scholar, pastor, church planter, missionary and mission minded in all he does. He has previous shown himself as an exemplary leader when he served as President of the Covenant Ministerium. His current experience as a Bible school professor in Guam, working cross-culturally and cross-denominationally would be invaluable as the leader of the Covenant Church.

Brad understands the theological distinctives of the Covenant as well as our unique ethos. He is respected by his peers, and I consider him uniquely wise. His blog is a must read: Brad.Boydston.us.

Thank you.
My only hesitation in recommending Brad is that he would hate the weather in Chicago. But it would be a nice change of pace to hear the ukulele as the lead worship instrument at official Covenant gatherings.

Comments on "Boydston for President"

 

Blogger Brad Boydston said ... (9:20 PM, November 08, 2007) : 

Ahhhhhh... thanks... I think. If the fact that I blog wasn't convincing enough I'm sure that the uke would really make me a viable candidate. :-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:16 PM, November 11, 2007) : 

Thanks again brother Evans. And Brad, let the process work!

with infinite hope, Jimmy Doo

 

post a comment