• The Met
  • The Art Renewal Center
  • William Bouguereau

  • My Favorite Art
  • Jeune Fille se Defendant Contre L'amour
    by William Bouguereau

  • Le_ravissement de Psyche
    by William Bouguereau

  • Flagellation de Notre Seigneur Jésus Christ
    by William Bouguereau
My Photo
Name:
Location: Liverpool, NY

"In my house, I'm a big deal. That's all that matters."

email

About The Ultra Rev

Facebook


Free Hit Counters

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Church Shopping in CNY

Looking for a church in CNY? Here are a couple different resources for finding a church home.

Syracuse Churches & Denomination Page Syracuse NY CNY Area -- This is probably the best of the pages with churches listed by (non) denominational affiliation.

Syracuse Area Houses Of Worship And Related Resource -- Some how this list is related to the previous list but I'm not entirely sure how. They're using the same dbase. This site also includes non-Christian religion sections.

Churches In Syracuse NY And Central NY -- This is just one big long list and not exhaustive at all.

And if you are looking for a church in the Utica/Rome area try out:

Mohawk Valley Churches


CHURCH PLANTING IN CNY

Your choice of churches in CNY is pretty limited. I'm on a mission to see several new churches planted in the area. Thank God for Mike Mazzye, Grace Covenant Church and Larry Sherman partnering together to plant Catalyst Covenant Church.

There are also a couple other church plants I've heard about:

Bernie Elliot is planting Quest over in the Camillus area.

Vintage Faith Church is being planted in Cicero by Eastern Hills Bible Church.

One of the former associate pastors of Believer's Chapel is planting a church in the Clay area.

Bill Carr, Superintendent of the Wesleyan Church is interested in planting a church on the Rt. 31 corridor between Cicero and Baldwinsville. Bill is a great visionary and strategist.

Summit Church is a SBC church plant in Syracuse planted by Jordan Stinziano.

These are just a few that I have heard about. I'm sure there are more.

Just in case someone is waiting for a personal invitation to plant a church in CNY here it is. I'm publicly calling out several groups to get busy with planting more churches here:

Hey Craig Groeschel: Way to go planting a Life Church satellite campus in Albany! How about coming west to Syracuse?

Hey Fr. Bob Hackendorf, St. Andrew's and AMiA Bishop: CNY definitely needs way more AMiA churches. These churches are Anglican, charismatic, evangelical and liturgical. With the overwhelming population of CNY being dechurched Roman Catholic, I believe your churches will flourish here.

And while I'm calling out Anglicans: Hey Peter Akinola, Martyn Minns and Roger Ames: Don't wait for some Episcopal church to defect. Plant a new CANA church right here, right now!

Hey Joe Jansen & the Elim Fellowship: Let's have some more Elim churches in CNY. (Great to see you got a promotion Joe as Regional Director, taking Ron Smallman's place.) I've seen your fantastic church in Herkimer, Ron's former church in Holland Patent and a number of others like New Life Church with Pastor Kirk Gilchrist. We need more of you in Syracuse. Phoenix, NY? Baldwinsville? Liverpool?

Hey Mike Servello and Mt. Zion Ministries in Utica: Your ministry to the poor of Utica is incredible and is literally reaching all over the world. You've planted a campus in Rome and if I remember correctly you were attempting a campus ministry in Clinton. Have you thought about planting in Syracuse? Let's start with Compassion Coalition Syracuse. I know they want you in Fulton. You're the #1 distributor of food to the poor in Oneida County. Let's make you #1 in Onondaga County too.

For those of you who have been telling me you don't think it's the right time, not sure if it's the Lord's will, not sure if we can afford it, blah, blah, blah, ... don't make me cuss you out. I'm reminded of the words of my friend Paul Larsen, "If not you, then who? If not now, then when?" The time is now and the need is desperate here in the Syracuse and suburbs area. Let Jesus be lifted high in CNY.

Comments on "Church Shopping in CNY"

 

Blogger Luke said ... (9:36 AM, December 11, 2007) : 

UltraRev:

First of all - you don't know how much I WISH I was looking for a church in CNY!!!! Syracuse, especially... sigh...

Second of all - who is this friend, Paul Larson, that you are quoting?

 

Blogger theultrarev said ... (9:50 AM, December 11, 2007) : 

None other than the highly esteemed Paul Larsen former President of the Evangelical Covenant Church.

When are you going to move here and be part of a church plant? :)

 

Blogger Luke said ... (10:21 AM, December 11, 2007) : 

UltraRev:

I thought I'd heard that quote before...

A few years ago, a job in my agency opened up in Syracuse. That particular job in that particular job had a strong appeal to me, both because it would have been a promotion and because Syracuse itself, and it's proximity to the Adirondacks, appeals to me. However, I didn't apply for it, because I thought the timing was wrong for Bethany Covenant Church. I also felt strongly - one of the few times I've felt this sort of thing - that God was telling me that in HIS timing, the Syracuse job (or something very similar) would be there for me, but that I needed to stay put for a while...

I think I may know, now, why that decision was important. But as much as I understand it, I do long for God's promise to me to be fulfilled...

 

post a comment